Mission & Vision
To improve the health of our community with vision of becoming the healthiest county in NC.
Big Picture Outcomes
- Improve Brunswick County’s overall health outcome rank from 34 (2019) to 30 by 2022.
- Reduce the diabetes prevalence percent from 12% (2019) to 10% by 2022.
- Reduce heart disease death rate from 161.4 (2019) to 160 by 2022.
- Reduce adult obesity from 29% (2019) to 28% in 2022.
- Reduce physical inactivity from 22% (2019) to 20% in 2022.
- Increase fruit and vegetable consumption from 17% (2019) to 20% in 2022.
- Reduce the number of fall related hospital admissions of Brunswick County residents age 55 and older by 10%.
How We Succeed
We will achieve this vision by bringing together community groups and individuals to improve the health and well being for all those living and working in Brunswick County. Working across all sectors, including healthcare, government, business and industry, human services, community service agencies, educational institutions, the faith community, and the general population, we will share resources and support to prevent disease and promote health.
The Brunswick Wellness Coalition began through a Healthy People, Healthy Carolinas grant, an initiative of The Duke Endowment.